Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Forbidden Pleasures of Sin...

Numb and restless, I can feel a sense of hallow creeping through my soul. It travels slowly pinching at the core of my being. I lay in my bed like a lifeless spirit.

The smell of chocolate awakens me… forbidden by the guilty cries of vanity playing at the ebb of my innermost thoughts. One piece is all I ask… I plead as my fingers reach for the innocent pink box. I drown myself in the flavors…

The rich smooth taste of liquor travels down my tongue as the bittersweet layer crumbles… The smell of oranges escape and it dances in harmony with the powerful scent of chocolate… It can be so evil. It taunts you… You taste and experience sweet pleasure as the power of euphoria overcomes your feelings of guilt. For a brief moment, you feel alive again… until the lingering scent starts to disappear slowly.

I have tasted Fauchon… I will never be the same again…


POST SCRIPT

For those who are as guiltless as I am, a box of Fauchon is available at the Rustan's Supermarket. Your sense of smell will take you there without the aid of a map.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nic,

You write well! Is it the chocolate that brought out the passion?

Why dont you put posts on the best places to eat in Manila! Guess not many people have eaten in more places that you have.

Monica Fig.. Food Critic! "Dream Job" isnt it?

Anonymous said...

I soo love Fauchon! My heart lurched the second after I read, "innocent pink box"!
Thanks my dear for letting me know that it's available in our shores.
I truly enjoy your gastronomic writing so please share more.